Tuesday 25 May 2010

Self indulgent content removed, due to thinking better of it

Today I felt inspired to do something I haven't done since I was a teenager. And no it wasn't get pissed on neat vodka, snog a random spotty youth or wear fishnet tights and too much kohl. Instead I was inspired to that most pretentious of pursuits - poetry.

I let my husband read the fruits of my labour and he was underwhelmed to put it politely. I did put it up here, but on second thoughts he probably had a point, so I have hidden it along with my blushes.

I think I will stick to what I know best, writing about the mayhem of raising four small boys. It's clearly more my forte.

2 comments:

  1. First off, I don't think it's as bad as the husband apparently does. I don't think the Poet Laureate has too much to worry about, but it's certainly better than anything I could come up with! Well done you for putting it out there!

    Anyway, have been sent over here by lots of people in response to a post I've written worrying about wanting a fourth. I'm basically the opposite (nearly) of you, as we have three girls so far including twins, and I really want a fourth. My husband though is worried about the hard work and what it would mean for me, him and our marriage....

    So is it too much hard work? How do you cope? Am I mad?! Would love to know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor you to come here today, my posts are normally much more informative than this vis a vis having four.

    I am not sure how much help I can be as I went direct from two to four, so it was a bit of a shock to the system, whereas you are already at three, so perhaps one more wouldn't be that much more to cope with.

    I do think that four works quite well, but then I wouldn't have chosen to have four as it changes your life so radically in lots of practical ways. Bigger car, bigger house, bigger bills etc.

    Really I think you have to decide if you would like to forgo the easier life in favour of having lots of children, or would prefer things to be more straightforward, but you will have to give up on that dream of another baby. Only you can know what's right for you.

    Hope that helps a bit and feel free to pop back for more informative posts!

    ReplyDelete