Thursday 5 January 2012

Funny voices

True to my word I am taking a few minutes I can ill afford to update FDMTG before slipping into school run chaos. I think I have a few moments in hand as my sons are getting dressed, a process that is sure to take at least half an hour and that's with shouted encouragement from my husband, I dread to think how long it would take if they were left to their own devices.

The reason for this impromptu post is that I have noticed a strange phenomenon in my littlest twin. Although he was born in the salubrious surroundings of the Portland Hospital in Central London and since then has only moved a few scant miles to our current home in North London, he has, for no apparent reason, developed a strong West Country tang in his accent.

Not sure where this stems from - perhaps CBeebies - but when asked how his meal tasted he will more often than not reply "It was noice" and when he spotted a herd of bison on a TV wildlife documentary he declared them to be "Noice boyson". It is unbearably cute, but very mysterious.

Now I can hear the decibel level rising and the shower beckoning, so I must away before my husband's ire makes its way up to my eerie in the loft.

2 comments:

  1. This made me laugh as we're experiencing a similar phenomenon. Even though I am fron Surrey and Husband is Hungarian and brought up in Sweden, Little O appears to be developing a Cockney accent as he learns new words. It is so strange, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are strange creatures indeed children, who knows where they get these things from.

    ReplyDelete